Badger Park occupies 60 acres in the northern portion of the City. Approximately 3,000 feet of the park fronts on the Peshtigo River. A 41 site campground is located in the southwest portion of Badger Park.
The park can be divided into four areas, the trail system, wooded area, disc golf and the northern picnicking playground, Badger Campground, and the Badger Swimming/Volleyball area.
Badger Park Campground Area includes:
- Reservations: Between January 20-April 28 Call (715) 582-7275 – 8:00am to 4:30pm Between April 29-October 13 Call (715) 582-4321 – 9:00am to 9:00pm
- 35 campsites, 2 cabins. All with water and electric. Four rustic tent sites. One group site (up to four campers)
- Regular Campsite Rates: $27/night, $162/week, $486/one month, $810/two months, $1,026/three months, $1,188/four months, $1,323/five months, $1,431/six months.
- Cabin Rates: $45/night, $270/week.
- Walk-in Tent sites Rates (no hook-ups): $12/night
- Group Site: $75 per night for the site – up to 4 campers
- During May-October, please call 715-582-4321 (9:00a.m.-9:00p.m.)
- Payments are to be mailed to City Hall
- Picnic Tables
- ADA Accessible Rest Rooms
- Shower Facilities
- Nature Trails with Bridges (1.4 miles)
- RUSTIC CABINS
***The City of Peshtigo is working on setting up a new online reservation system. The new system is due to be completed by January 20, 2020. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Reservations will be accepted online through the new online reservation system. Sites are first come first serve basis. Seasonal campers must reserve their seasonal site prior to January 20, 2020 by calling Peshtigo City Hall at (715)582-3041. Payment must be received prior to the Parks and Recreation Department providing reservation confirmation.***
Passport America (PA)
1. PA rate is 50% off our regularly published rates and will only apply on Sunday through Thursday Evenings on a Space Availability basis, including all Camping Sites, Rustic Tent Sites and Cabin Rentals. Example: If a PA member wishes to stay for a week, Sunday thru Thursday night rates would be 50% off, but Friday and Saturday (and/or holiday rates) would be at full price.
2. PA rates are not applicable for extended-stay (one month or longer) rates.
3. PA members may make advance reservations by telephone or in person only (no online PA reservations will be accepted).
4. Normal Reservation/Cancellation policies for Badger Park Campground will apply.
5. Ask us how you, too, can join Passport America!
Active Military and Veterans will receive a 10% Discount on camping rates upon presentation of a valid military ID.
Badger Park Campground Cancellation/Refund Policy
Check in time opens at 1:00 P.M. on day of arrival. Check out time ends at 11;00 A.M. on the day of departure.
Reservations: Full payment required when reservation is made. Cash/check/credit cards accepted, with an added fee.
Reservation cancellation 7 days before check in: payment will be refunded, minus a $10 service fee.
Reservation cancellation less than 7 days before check in: payment will not be refunded unless the site is rebooked. If so, refund will be in the form of a camping voucher to be used within one year, minus the $10 service fee.
Reservation payments made for holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day) and Peshtigo Historical Day weekend will not be refunded.
Any refund will be by check, 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Early departures forfeit all balances.
In the event Badger Park Campground must close due to storm or other emergency, the affected campers will be given a refund of the unused portion of their reservation. If the campground remains open and the camper elects to leave, the action will be treated as an Early Departure and no refund will be given.
Only the Parks and Recreation Director may authorize a complete refund in the case of emergency or early departure.
Camping is an outdoor experience: We do not give refunds due to the discomforts of nature.
Badger Swimming and Vooleyball Area includes:
- Picnic Tables
- Pavilion for Group Rental (see below for rates)
- Sitting Benches along River
- Swing Set
- Spring Toys
- Volleyball Court
- Fenced Skateboard Facility w/jumps
Badger Park’s Picnicking/Play Area includes:
- ADA Accessible Rest Room
- Small Charcoal Grills
- Large Pavilion (see below for rates)
- Fenced in Horseshoe Pits
- Badger Boardwalk play area
- Disc Golf – a challenging 9 hole course (Discs are available from the Campground Office, when staffed, it is recommended you bring your own discs)
Pavilions/Bandshell Rates: $35 small pavilion and $50 large pavilion for city residents, $55 small pavilion and $70 large pavilion for non-city residents with a $100 security deposit on the large pavilion and a $50 security deposit on the small pavilion. Bandshell rental: city residents $50and non-city residents $70. Pavilions/Bandshell can be rented a year in advance to anyone.