Badger Park occupies 60 acres in the northern portion of the City. Approximately 3,000 feet of the park fronts on the Peshtigo River. A 42 site campground is located in the southwest portion of Badger Park.
The park can be divided into four areas, the trail system, wooded area, disc golf and the northern picnicking playground, Badger Campground, and the Badger Swimming/Volleyball area.
Badger Park Campground Area includes:
Campers must have a reservation by visiting https://www.bookyoursite.com/ . Residents and Visitors should continue to practice physical distancing and good personal hygiene as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Here is a list of suggested practices we encourage all to follow when visiting.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Keep 6 feet of distance from others.
• Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19. If you develop symptoms, stay home and call your health care provider to see how you can get tested.
• Wear a mask when you have to go out to public places.
• Do not gather with others outside of your family group.
• Please keep your campsite and surrounding area free of all debris and trash. Leave your site as clean if not cleaner than you found it.
The main bathroom located at the entrance of badger parks will be open. This facility will be sanitized morning afternoon and evening. All other bathrooms, water fountains, and shower facilities will remain closed at this time. We do sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience during this time as the City of Peshtigo dedicates itself to making sure everyone is safe and healthy. We ask if you feel sick to please stay home and call your health care provider.
Reservations are now being accepted online through https://www.bookyoursite.com/badger-campground/availability . Sites are first come first serve basis. Please use Google Chrome!
- 35 campsites, 2 cabins. All with water and electric. 4 rustic tent sites. 1 group site (up to four campers)
- Campsite Rates (NO SEWER): $31/night, $186/week, $744/one month, no seasonal
- Campsite Rates (WITH SEWER): $36/night, $216/week, $860/month, $1,825/seasonal
- Cabin Rates: $50/night, $300/week (one week max)
- Walk-in Tent sites Rates: (no hook-ups): $14/night, $84/week
- Group Site: $75 per night for the site – up to 4 campers
- During May-October, please call 715-582-4321 (9:00a.m.-9:00p.m.)
- Picnic Tables
- ADA Accessible Rest Rooms
- Shower Facilities
- Nature Trails with Bridges (1.4 miles)
- RUSTIC CABINS
Passport America (PA)
1. PA rate is 50% off our regularly published rates and will only apply on Sunday through Thursday Evenings on a Space Availability basis, including all Camping Sites, Rustic Tent Sites and Cabin Rentals. Example: If a PA member wishes to stay for a week, Sunday thru Thursday night rates would be 50% off, but Friday and Saturday (and/or holiday rates) would be at full price.
2. PA rates are not applicable for extended-stay (one month or longer) rates.
3. PA members may make advance reservations by telephone or in person only (no online PA reservations will be accepted).
4. Normal Reservation/Cancellation policies for Badger Park Campground will apply.
5. Ask us how you, too, can join Passport America!
Active Military and Veterans will receive a 10% Discount on camping rates upon presentation of a valid military ID.
Badger Park Campground Cancellation/Refund Policy
Check in time opens at 1:00 P.M. on day of arrival. Check out time ends at 11;00 A.M. on the day of departure.
Reservations: Full payment required when reservation is made. Cash/check/credit cards accepted, with an added fee.
Reservation cancellation 7 days before check in: payment will be refunded, minus a $10 service fee.
Reservation cancellation less than 7 days before check in: payment will not be refunded unless the site is rebooked. If so, refund will be in the form of a camping voucher to be used within one year, minus the $10 service fee.
Reservation payments made for holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day) and Peshtigo Historical Day weekend will not be refunded.
Any refund will be by check, 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Early departures forfeit all balances.
In the event Badger Park Campground must close due to storm or other emergency, the affected campers will be given a refund of the unused portion of their reservation. If the campground remains open and the camper elects to leave, the action will be treated as an Early Departure and no refund will be given.
Only the Parks and Recreation Director may authorize a complete refund in the case of emergency or early departure.
Camping is an outdoor experience: We do not give refunds due to the discomforts of nature.
Badger Swimming and Volleyball Area includes:
- Picnic Tables
- Pavilion for Group Rental (see below for rates)
- Sitting Benches along River
- Swing Set
- Spring Toys
- Volleyball Court
- Fenced Skateboard Facility w/jumps
Badger Park’s Picnicking/Play Area includes:
- ADA Accessible Rest Room
- Small Charcoal Grills
- Large Pavilion (see below for rates)
- Fenced in Horseshoe Pits
- Badger Boardwalk play area
- Disc Golf – a challenging 9 hole course (Discs are available from the Campground Office, when staffed, it is recommended you bring your own discs)
Small Pavilion: $50 security deposit $50 for city residents $75 for non-city residents
Large Pavilion: $100 security deposit $75 for city residents $100 non-city residents
Bandshell: $100 security deposit $75 for city residents $100 for non-city residents
Pavilions/Bandshell CAN BE RENTED A YEAR IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE!